Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Does the PFA read this blog?

Okay, I'm amusing myself here. I highly doubt the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) checks out random football blogs when determining the winner of its annual PFA Player of the Year award. All the same, its nice to be right once in a while.

If you're not sure what I'm getting it, check out my previous post on why Robin Van Persie was my favourite to win the PFA Player of the Year award for this season. And even though he'll never read this, kudos to Van Persie on a well deserved award.

But as far as predictions are concerned, the PFA Player of the Year award is the only one that's gone right for me.

My earlier estimation that the title race was a done deal seems to have been, shall we say, premature? Man Utd's shocking 4-4 draw with Everton has blown the race wide open and made the club's match against City at the Etihad Stadium next Monday a potential title deciding match.

Nonetheless, even if City defeat Utd, there's still Newcastle to play. Alan Pardew's men have been the most impressive side this season and a third place finish in the league is very much a possibility.

My other prediction calamity was a Real Madrid - Barcelona final in the Champions League. It's still a possibility but what were the odds of both Real Madrid and Barcelona losing their respective first legs in the semifinals?


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    My name is Lizzy; I work for the PR agency that is handling the Warrior Sports (new apparel sponsor of Liverpool FC) account here in Asia.

    I thought I’d get in touch as I’m currently compiling a media database for bloggers. Being a football fan yourself, I thought you would be interested in getting a copy of the press release for the launch of the new kit - would you be interested? If so, please share your email and I will gladly add you to the database.

    I can be reached at ewu@racepointgroup.com. Hoping to hear from you soon.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    Best,
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete